[ESS] ess eval invisibly only for large blocks

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Mon Mar 14 19:28:13 CET 2011

On 03/14/11 11:59 AM, Rodney Sparapani wrote:

> To make it work for XEmacs, you need the following at the top:
> ;(require 'face-remap nil t) ;; desirable for scaling of the text in ...
> ;(require 'ido nil t) ;; desirable for debug/undebug at point function
> (require 'cl) ;; a couple of useful functions
> (require 'overlay)
>
> (if (boundp 'overlay-arrow-variable-list) nil
> (defvar overlay-arrow-variable-list nil))
>
> And, you need (if (featurep 'fringe) ) around calls to fringe-mode
> features.
>
> Rodney

Ah, I see.  Besides require, you also need
(add-hook 'ess-post-run-hook 'ess-tracebug t)

But, that means, you need the following addition for above as well:
(if (fboundp 'compilation-minor-mode) nil
   (defun compilation-minor-mode (&optional arg)
     (compilation-setup)))

But, after all that, I'm still seeing + signs.

Rodney