[ESS] ess-swv-pdflatex-commands options

Brian Diggs diggsb at ohsu.edu
Fri Mar 11 23:08:09 CET 2011

On 3/11/2011 1:37 PM, Ista Zahn wrote:
> Hi,
> MikTex appears not to have texi2pdf, so the default setting of
> "texi2pdf" in ess-swv-pdflatex-commands options does not work. I can
> change it to texi2dvi, except that I actually want a .pdf. From the
> command line a can run "texi2dvi -p", but if I set this as a value to
> ess-swv-pdflatex-commands and try to use it I get "ess-swv-PDF:
> Searching for program: no such file or directory, texi2dvi -p"
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks!

This bugged me when I switched from TexLive to MikTex as well,
especially since MikTex is the "recommended" distribution for Windows.

To get around it, I created a batch file named texi2pdf.bat in the
MiKTeX 2.9/miktex/bin directory.  It has the single line:

texify --pdf %1

Works like a charm for me, including automatic multiple passes when needed.

--
Brian S. Diggs, PhD
Senior Research Associate, Department of Surgery