[ESS] ess-error: ESS process not ready. Wasn't there a fix for this? Make Sweave -> pdflatex work. Help?

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 17:38:09 CEST 2011

How are we using Sweave inside Emacs these days?  I'm just wondering
how you use it on a day-to-day basis.

I'd like to be able to send individual chunks to an open R session for
development, and then compile the whole document as well. I need to
make sure pdflatex is run 2 or 3 times, and some docs need bibtex in
there.

In Debian with Emacs 23.3 and ess-5.13, I have auctex installed as
well.  Auctex won't work along with ESS. Right?

Inside Emacs, after using the pull down menu Noweb ->
Sweaving/Tangling -> Sweave,  runs the program through R, but nothing
else works.

ess-error: ESS process not ready. Finish your command before trying again.
ess-error: ESS process not ready. Finish your command before trying again.

After reviewing list emails from last winter, I installed the ESS from
svn, and same thing happens.

However, in the ESS from SVN, there is a change. New menu items
Command -> Sweave and Command -> LaTeXSweave.
That does work!

However, I can't say for sure if pdflatex is run the correct number of times.

pj

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science