[ESS] Load R64 under Mac

Charles C. Berry cberry at ucsd.edu
Tue Jun 7 04:14:38 CEST 2011

On Tue, 7 Jun 2011, Riccardo G-Mail wrote:

> Hi to everybody, I work with R under Mac Osx 10.5.7 with EMACS 23.2.1, R
> 2.12.2 and ESS 2.13. By default ESS load the R32bit consol. How can I load
> the R64?? Is there some line to add to my .emacs file to load R64??

C-h f R RET says:
======

R is an interactive Lisp function in `ess-r-d.el'.

(R &optional START-ARGS)

Call 'R', the 'GNU S' system from the R Foundation.
Optional prefix (C-u) allows to set command line arguments, such as
--vsize.  This should be OS agnostic.
If you have certain command line arguments that should always be passed
to R, put them in the variable `inferior-R-args'.

[back]
======

For example,

C-u M-x R RET --arch=x86_64 RET

starts a session on my Mac such that:

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.13.0 (2011-04-13)
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin9.8.0/x86_64 (64-bit)

locale:
[1] C

attached base packages:

=======

Customize 'inferior-R-args' to get this every time.

HTH,

Chuck