[ESS] ess-indent-exp follow OWN style?

Stephen Eglen S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jun 6 11:35:27 CEST 2011

> I think it must be ess-electric-brace, and I think it warrants a bug report.
>
> The behavior is the same in R and Stata (though I don't know if it
> would ever come up in R)
>
> Typing any line (excluding comments) that ends in { sets the
> indentation of the next line to ess-indent-level
> Typing any line (excluding comments) that ends in {; sets the
> indentation of the next line to so that the first character is below
> the preceding semicolon.
>
> I know basically nothing about Lisp, otherwise I'd like to try to
> debug this thing.  It seems like an important replicable issue that
> warrants a bug report.

Thanks; I can see this behaviour in R mode.  As I don't think its a
common idiom in R to write something like

   for (i in seq) {;

I'm afraid its not high enough on my priority list to fix right now
(sorry, too many other things already need fixing in ESS), but
I will make a note of it.  Is this biting other users?

Stephen