[ESS] double underline and single underline

Pierre Kleiber pkleiber.hi at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 01:36:57 CEST 2011

I am working in an environment where many folks use "_" in variable and function
names, and I think if would be lots less trouble to have a single underline
generate "_" and two consecutive underlines generate " <- ". Can anyone suggest
a way to reverse the action of "_" and "__"?

Thanks, Pierre
Pierre Kleiber, Ph.D                  Email: pierre.kleiber at noaa.gov
Pacific Island Fisheries Science Center        Tel. wk: 808 983-5399
NOAA Fisheries                                      hm: 808 737-7544
2570 Dole St., Honolulu, HI 96822-2396