[ESS] How to tell if R is ready after ess-eval-*?

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit.list at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 21:49:49 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 8:45 PM, Rodney Sparapani <rsparapa at mcw.edu> wrote:

> Hi Vitalie:
>
> Ok, I think I get it now.  However, I guess we need to create a
> list of functions to except from the spinner.  For example,
> it thinks that help.start() never ends.  Perhaps, that is really
> correct, I don't know.  But, clearly, not what the user would
> like to see.

Hi Rodney,

I couldn't reproduce help.start() problem (at least on Ubuntu).

Spinner is not supposed to interfere with evaluation. All what I do is
to set up a  timer which checks the state of the process every .5 sec.
If you have any issues with evaluation it is probably something else.

Thanks for the feedback.
Vitalie