[ESS] split window, sizing control

David Afshartous david.r.afshartous at Vanderbilt.Edu
Sat Jan 15 18:32:08 CET 2011

All,

I recently started using ESS via emacs 23.1.1 on a linux machine with
KDE 4.4.2.  After starting emacs for a .Rnw file, I split the screen and
start an R process in the lower half, then maximize the window; the two
parts of the split are of equal size.  As I send code to the R process
in the lower half of the window I notice two things:

1) the entire window size starts to change, with the bottom gradually
moving upward during the session.
2) the split between the upper and lower half does not remain equal.

Is there any way to keep the entire window maximized with the two parts
of equal size?

Thanks!
David

--