[ESS] Error with 'R Help Preview'

Robert Sams robert at sanctumfi.com
Wed Jan 12 12:41:37 CET 2011

Hi Stephen,

I'm calling it with C-c C-p inside an .Rd buffer. I just checked on my
remote debian machine,

> apt-get install ess
> emacs myfile.Rd

and C-c C-p and it works as expected. It also works on my mac at home
using Aquamacs, so I don't know what the problem is with my work
machine. It has worked before. Perhaps it stopped working after an
upgrade of emacs or ess, but the interval between now and the last time
I hacked an .Rd buffer is too long for me to recall what changes have
been made to this windoze system during this time.

Also, I did grep the site-lisp directory for the error string and can't
find anything in an .el file. Perhaps the error comes from an underlying
R function that ess calls? I really don't what goes under the hood here.

Any ideas would be most helpful.

Cheers,
Robert