[ESS] fix current line while scrolling

Jannis bt_jannis at yahoo.de
Wed Aug 10 18:05:06 CEST 2011

Dear list members,

does anyone of you know how to switch off the automatic movement of the "current line" when scrolling through an emacs buffer ?

Currently whenever I scroll through some R script, the current line is also "scrolled" whenever it would be outside the visible region.

This is very annoying whenever I try to find matching parentheses and the block of code is larger than the buffer as the parentheses. In such a case the highlighting of the matching parenthesis always disappears as soon as I scroll too far.

Thanks for any hint
Jannis