[ESS] ESS 5.9 released

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Fri May 21 10:44:17 CEST 2010

Aargh!
I'm really sorry to have found that the release was slightly premature,
see below.

    > Dear ESS users and lovers,
    > we have released ESS 5.9  a few minutes ago.

    > For once, we have several small but significant improvements
    > with respect to 5.8,
    > please see the  "New Features" below.
    > ------------
    > The following is part of the ANNOUNCE file that comes with ESS:

[....................]
[....................]

    > 1.9 New Features

    > Changes/New Features in 5.9:
    > * Toolbar:  The toolbar now has an icon for starting Splus.

Unfortunately, the new icon is not quite the correct one,
i.e. the one for which Tibco has given permission to use.
Please wait for the subsequent release of 5.9.1.

This is entirely my fault (and not Tibco's or any other ESS core member's);
please apologize the inconvenience.

Martin Maechler, ETH Zurich