[ESS] Indentation level

Stephen Eglen S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Mon May 17 10:52:02 CEST 2010

hi Martin,

> I would like "us" to change this before releasing ESS 5.9 if
> possible.
> I have no time for this, this week though.

I looked at this code over the weekend, and have some new code ready to
check in (but not today, maybe tomorrow/Wed).  So we should be able to
get it in (and tested) before 5.9 comes out.

In the meantime, please can you check whether you need

>     >> http://stat.ethz.ch/CRAN/doc/manuals/R-ints.html#R-coding-standards
>     >> (about one page down):
>     >>
>     >> ;;; ESS
>     >> (add-hook 'ess-mode-hook
>     >> (lambda ()
>     >> (ess-set-style 'C++ 'quiet)

do you need to add that within a hook?  From my reading of the code, you
should be able to just do:

(setq ess-default-style 'C++)

as a top-level expression, rather thatn within a hook, to get your C++
settings.

Stephen