[ESS] ESS on Mac slower than R.app?

Markus Triska markus.triska at gmx.at
Sun May 16 13:59:57 CEST 2010

Hi Rodney,

Rodney Sparapani <rsparapa at mcw.edu> writes:

> I think if you update to the latest version of ESS this problem will
> go away.  See the previous discussion of a very similar GNU Emacs bug
> fix at https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/ess-bugs/2009q4/000584.html

I think ess-eval-visibly-p should remain true by default, as it is quite
useful. If you change the accept-process-output call in
ess-eval-linewise to:

    (accept-process-output sprocess 0 timeout-ms)

(the difference being that you explicitly state to wait for input from
"sprocess"), the test case works instantly also with ess-eval-visibly-p.

All the best,
Markus