[ESS] Emacs not recognizing the "*.r" and "*.q" files.

gerald.jean at dgag.ca gerald.jean at dgag.ca
Wed Mar 24 15:48:20 CET 2010

Hello,

I am running ESS 5.8 on Emacs 22.3 on a RedHat 64-bit Linux box.

Yesterday I made a few changes on my AucTeX settings which had for side
effects of Emacs not recognizing the standard " *.r" and " *.q" file's
extensions anymore.

To help spot the problem I reduced my .emacs file pretty much to only the
ESS customizing but it didn't help, Emacs still doesn't recognize the ESS
files?

Anyone has a clue?  Thanks for any support,

Gérald Jean
Conseiller senior en statistiques,
VP Planification et Développement des Marchés,
Desjardins Groupe d'Assurances Générales
télephone            : (418) 835-4900 poste (7639)
télecopieur          : (418) 835-6657
courrier électronique: gerald.jean at dgag.ca

"In God we trust, all others must bring data"  W. Edwards Deming

#### My .emacs file reduced to the ESS stuff.

(setq load-path (cons "/actuaria/application/ess_app/ess-5.8/lisp"
load-path))
(setq load-path (cons "/actuaria/application/ess_app/AucTeX/auctex-11.85"
load-path))
(setq load-path (cons "~/leim"  load-path))
(setq load-path (cons "~/gerald-lisp" load-path))

;; Load, activate and restore desktop

(require 'desktop)
(add-hook 'desktop-save-hook
            '(lambda ()
             (desktop-truncate search-ring 3)
             (desktop-truncate regexp-search-ring 3)))
(setq desktop-save-mode t)

;; ESS stuff.

(custom-set-variables  ;; Should allow starting different versions of S+
 '(ess-SHOME-versions (quote ("/actuaria/splus_app8/bin" \,
"/actuaria/splus_app8.1"))))
(setq ess-s-versions-list
      '(("Splus8" "splus8")
        ("Splus8-j" "splus8" "-j")
        ("Splus8-jh" "splus8" "-j -headless")
        ("Splus81" "splus81")
        ("Splus81-j" "splus81" "-j")
        ("Splus81-jh" "splus81" "-j -headless")
))
(require 'ess-site)
(require 'ess-font-lock)
(ess-font-lock-db)

;; Set code indentation following the standard in R sources.

(setq-default c-default-style "bsd")
(setq-default c-basic-offset 2)

(add-hook 'ess-mode-hook
   (function (lambda()
             (setq ess-ask-for-ess-directory nil)
             (setq inferior-ess-same-window nil)
             (setq ess-directory nil)
             (setq ess-execute-in-process-buffer t)
             (make-local-variable 'comment-indent-function)
             (setq-default comment-indent-function 'ess-comment-indent)
             (global-set-key "\M-s" 'run-my-s)  ; ESC-s runs "run-s" which
starts S
             (global-set-key [f3] 'ess-r-args-show) ; show R, or S
arguments
                              ; when in function
             (setq ess-source-directory
                 "/~/actuaria/jeg002/Splus6/functions/")
             (ess-set-style 'C++ 'quiet)
)))

;; ESS stuff finishes here.

(custom-set-faces
  ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom.
 '(font-lock-builtin-face ((((class color) (background light)) (:foreground
"MediumAquamarine"))))
 '(font-lock-comment-face ((((class color) (background light)) (:foreground
"DimGray"))))
 '(font-lock-constant-face ((((class color) (background light))
(:foreground "VioletRed"))))
 '(font-lock-function-name-face ((((class color) (background light))
(:foreground "Magenta"))))
 '(font-lock-keyword-face ((((class color) (background light)) (:foreground
"MediumBlue"))))
 '(font-lock-string-face ((((class color) (background light)) (:foreground
"OrangeRed"))))
 '(font-lock-type-face ((((class color) (background light)) (:foreground
"BlueViolet"))))
 '(font-lock-variable-name-face ((((class color) (background light))
(:foreground "Blue"))))
 '(mode-line-buffer-id ((t (:foreground "red" :weight semi-bold))))
 '(paren-face-match ((((class color)) (:background "turquoise" :foreground
"black"))))
 '(paren-face-mismatch ((((class color)) (:background "purple" :foreground
"white")))))

Le message ci-dessus, ainsi que les documents l'accompagnant, sont destinés
uniquement aux personnes identifiées et peuvent contenir des informations
privilégiées, confidentielles ou ne pouvant être divulguées. Si vous avez
reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez le détruire.

This communication ( and/or the attachments ) is intended for named
recipients only and may contain privileged or confidential information
which is not to be disclosed. If you received this communication by mistake
please destroy all copies.

Faites bonne impression et imprimez seulement au besoin !
Think green before you print !