[ESS] How to stop highlighting after eval-region

Jason Thomas method at u.washington.edu
Mon Mar 15 17:05:57 CET 2010

Hello,

I recently upgraded to ESS version 5.8-1 (from a rather dated version) and
am interested in having ess stop highlighting the region after I have
evaluated it.  For example, I highlight a region, type C-c C-r (which
evaluates the region just fine), but then the region is still highlighted
(whereas in my older version, ess just moved the cursor to the last
location before evaluating the region).  Any ideas on how to have the
region un-highlighted after evaluation?  I'm using Ubuntu 9.04 w/ R
version 2.10.14 and emacs version 22.2.1.

(Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find any mention of
this in the readme or help mailing list archives.)

Thanks in advance,
Jason

Jason Thomas                    method at u.washington.edu
Graduate Student                http://students.washington.edu/~method