[ESS] ESS usage poll

Francois Pepin francois at sus.mcgill.ca
Wed Jun 9 23:47:57 CEST 2010

Hi Rodney,

> 1. Which statistical package(s) do you use with ESS?
> (specify the version number)

> 2.11  R

> 2. Which version(s) of emacs do you use?
> (specify the version number)
>
> 23.1.1 GNU Emacs
>
> 3. Which operating system(s) do you use?
> (specify the version number and/or variant)
>
> 10.6.3 Mac OS X
>
> 4. If you could only request one feature, what would it be?

I haven't looked recently to see how hard this currently is, but I often run R on another linux machine through ssh and screen.

I would love it if there was an easy way to connect ESS to the other R instance more or less seamlessly. Last time I looked, the proposed solutions seemed to be a bit clunky, but maybe I should just give it another try?

Francois