[ESS] trouble starting ESS

Main, Regan rmain at rand.org
Fri Jul 30 21:09:51 CEST 2010

Hi--

I am having difficulty getting ESS to run.  When I start up Emacs,
everything looks and works fine.  Emacs recognizes the command 'M-x
SAS', and ESS appears to start up correctly.  It splits my screens and
asks for my starting data directory.  After I hit enter to accept the
starting data directory, I get a warning in the command line which
says--"No ESS processes running; not yet implemented to start
(SAS,SAS)".

It does go ahead and start up the *SAS* buffers as well as doing the
syntax highlighting for SAS.  Everything looks ok except the "No ESS
processes running" message.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this?

Thank you,
-Regan Main