[ESS] Jumping to (or listing) functions in a given file?

Wed Jul 21 19:11:05 CEST 2010

Hi all,

Still an emacs n00b, sorry if it's a basic question.

Is there some easy way to help navigate/jump between functions in the
current buffer I'm working in?

As a reference, TextMate has a great little widget that you invoke via
cmd-shift-T. When invoked, a small pop up appears listing all
functions in the current window (parsing is done via the language
definition, I reckon). You can start typing the name of the function,
and it'll filter down the list until you hit the one you want (or you
could up/down arrow through your options).

Back to emacs, I'm imagining invoking some command that lists all of
the functions in my working buffer down in the minibuffer that I could
navigate through "as usual" (ie. I'm using ido to get the
fuzzy-matching in there).

It would be great if this "thing" could parse functions in an S4-aware manner.

Pipe-dream? Already there (hopefully no ctags required(?))?

Thanks,
-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou