[ESS] ess-transcript-clean-region

Cesar Rabak cesar.rabak at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 03:51:01 CET 2010

Hi,

According to the ESS (info) manual (in Entering commands -> Transcript
-> Saving transcripts)
<quote>
...then the command `M-x ess-transcript-clean-region' may be of use.
This command works in any Emacs buffer, and removes all prompts and
command output from an ESS transcript within the current region, leaving
only the commands. ...
</quote>

However, in GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2009-07-30 on
SOFT-MJASON, ESS version 5.7.1 when I attempt to run this command in the
*scratch* buffer in a region I pasted some lines from a transcript file,
emacs freezes!

Is this a bug in the documentation or is something that used to work and
now broke?

Regards,

--
Cesar Rabak