[ESS] ess-tracebug, edtdbg

Norm Matloff matloff at cs.ucdavis.edu
Sun Dec 12 06:09:46 CET 2010

This is excellent news, Stephen.

I had seen the nonzero return values for the system command, but had
assumed the problem was in emacsclient.  I'd actually tried a couple of
experiments invoking emacsclient from the shell, and it seemed to be
failing too, so I didn't suspect that goto-line was the issue.

Unfortunately, C-h f only returns the first line of the docstring, so I
missed the remark you cite here.

In any case, this should be a go now.  I'll fix things up (including
moving the main comments to docstrings), and repost everything here.  In
a few days, I'll upload the new version of edtdbg to CRAN.

Thanks very much!

Norm