[ESS] ess-tracebug alpha release

news at aleblanc.cotse.net news at aleblanc.cotse.net
Fri Dec 3 18:22:28 CET 2010

spinuvit.list at gmail.com (Vitalie S.) writes:

> Dear All,
>
> Ess-tracebug is an add-on package for ESS for visual debugging and error
> tracing.
>
> You can find the source and documentation at
> http://code.google.com/p/ess-tracebug/
>
> There are a couple of major features what I still plan to implement, notably
> interactive debug/undebug of functions/methods at point, and making
> ess-eval-region to insert the source attributes into the evaluated code.
>
> Any ideas and suggestions, especially concerning the work-flow are highly
> welcome.
>
> Vitalie.

Hi Vitalie,
           good work!
           However, I dont see any fringe marks to indicate currently executed line in the source
           buffer when in debug mode. The only fringe marks I see are for breakpoints.
           The source buffer is completely unaffected by stepping through the code.
           It appears from the screenshots on google code that I should be able to see fringe marks.
           I am using emacs 24.0.50.1 with ESS 5.12.
--
aleblanc