[ESS] ess-tracebug

Erik Iverson eriki at ccbr.umn.edu
Fri Dec 3 18:30:05 CET 2010

Norm's recent message to ESS-help about his edtdbg
package made me recall an announcement [1] last month
about the ess-tracebug project, found at:

I'm having trouble following exactly what this ess-tracebug
code is supposed to do. I can install it and activate it just
fine, but getting something like the screenshots show has
been elusive.  Has anyone succeeded in this?

I have activated ess-traceback and submit code from an R
file that produces errors, but all I see are the 'fringe
arrow', but no error line numbers.

This project looks interesting, but can anyone tell me how
to get results like the ones in the screenshots?

I must admit I do not understand the section "The Work-Flow",
so perhaps what I'm missing is because of that.

[1] https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/ess-help/2010-November/006489.html