[ESS] new user questions: appending to transcripts and buffer management

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 09:41:49 CEST 2010

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 8:32 PM, Erik Iverson <eriki at ccbr.umn.edu> wrote:

> Yes, that's mine.  I agree that org-mode is probably worth looking into to
> see
> if it works for you.  I'm about 95% done with an extended introduction
> to working with R source code in an org-mode buffer, which will have
> examples of all the things mentioned by Charles.  I will let you know
> when it is finalized.  The introduction is itself written in org-mode,
> so you can follow along to see its capabilities in an interactive
> document.

I'll be talking about that in Basel in October, most likely -- am
using it for everything work-wise these days, and having TODO's and
the org-agenda globally accessible across projects, be they device or
drug-related,, and within/around code has done wonders for my
work-related productivity.  We are still 3 people short in the group
(40% filled) and I'm hoping that productivity gains when we work
together en-mass early next year will be helpful.

Also, the org -> LaTeX article and org-> beamer modes are stellar for
getting pointy-headed documentation finished.  Just have to figure out
our next FDA submission work with it :-).

best,
-tony

blindglobe at gmail.com
Muttenz, Switzerland.
"Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we
can easily roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).

Drink Coffee:  Do stupid things faster with more energy!