[ESS] Error: could not find function ".help.ESS"

Worik worik.stanton at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 23:58:26 CEST 2010

I am getting the above error message  (in the subject field of this
email) when I try to use help in an R session in emacs.

I am running ubuntu 10.04, Emacs 23.1.1 and R version 2.10.1

I am not sure how to find the version of ESS.

I searched the web for that error message to no avail.  I could not find
a search engine for the archives of this list.  If this problem has been
addressed here I am sorry to waste people's time!

cheers
Worik

--
You do not have to be blind to not see what is going on right in front of you if it is behind your back
Pascall West