[ESS] How to make Indentation with tabs instead of spaces?

P K kap4lin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 20:46:21 CET 2009

Hi,

I am not a regular emacs user, but now and then, I've to work remotely
using emacs+ess+R.

When indenting an R code (that is after RET), the indentation is done
using spaces  (number of spaces = 2/4/8 -  depends on the
ess-set-style). Let us say the ess-set-style is set to RRR. How can I
make it use tabs instead of spaces. I have the following in ~/.emacs:

(custom-set-variables
 '(tab-always-indent (quote always))
 '(tab-width 4))

So, I am expecting to see the first level of indentation use one-tab,
that is, 4 characters wide. And k-th level of indentation use k-tabs,
that is 4k characters wide instead of 4k spaces.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

--
Regards
PK