[ESS] Custom key bindings for SAS

Daniel Muenz dmuenz at sdac.harvard.edu
Tue Jun 30 19:24:44 CEST 2009

Hi all, I'm wondering if there's a way to create my own custom key
definitions for ESS and SAS.  I prefer not to use the line

      (setq ess-sas-global-unix-keys t)

and instead to create my own key bindings.  The trick, though, is having
the bindings only apply when I have a .sas, .log, or .lst file in the
current buffer (and maybe also when I've got the *shell* buffer active).
If I'm using Emacs to edit a Perl script or a regular text file, I don't
want F3 to submit it to SAS.

Also, in an unrelated question, I'm wondering if there's a way to stop
Emacs from prompting me with a yes/no dialog saying "Active processes
exist; kill them and exit anyway?" when I'm shutting it down.  It's a minor
annoyance to have to hit "yes" every time, even if my programs have
finished running.

Thanks very much for any suggestions,
Daniel