[ESS] ess-remote with ansi-term?

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Fri Jun 12 20:17:26 CEST 2009

On Thu, 2009-06-11 at 07:48 -0700, Vinh Nguyen wrote:

> The MAIN reason i would like to use ansi-term is because its emulation
> of a terminal is more robust compared to just 'shell', eg, i can run
> SCREEN in it.  Often times, I run screen remotely to keep my remote
> session from closing when i log out; this is especially useful when
> running a long simulation as i can check on the status of my program.

I usually start screen remotely and run emacs (remotely) within it.  Of
course, that requires emacs be on the remote system.
--
Ross Boylan                                      wk:  (415) 514-8146
185 Berry St #5700                               ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Dept of Epidemiology and Biostatistics           fax: (415) 514-8150
University of California, San Francisco
San Francisco, CA 94107-1739                     hm:  (415) 550-1062