[ESS] unicode character in aquamacs

Kasper Daniel Hansen khansen at stat.berkeley.edu
Thu Jul 2 20:43:32 CEST 2009

This is not that hard to fix. THe problem is that GUI applications on
OS X don't care at all what settings you have
in .bashrc/.profile/.bash_login. There are two solutions
   1) Figure out how to set it in Emacs (which may be hard)
   2) set up an "environment.plist" which is a file that essentially
functions as .bashrc for GUIs.
Google environment.plist or see the links in the previous email.

Note that I am sure that the settings in the *shell* in Emacs can be
different from the settings for other buffers.

Kasper