[ESS] ESS R function args update

Erik Iverson iverson at biostat.wisc.edu
Fri Jan 23 03:06:29 CET 2009

Hello -

I have spent a little time trying to figure out a way to show the R function
arguments that ESS provides (in file essd-r-args.el) near point, instead of near
the mouse cursor. I believe I have a decent solution, and would like to share it.

I have posted a file with some updated functions and documentation at the
following URL:

http://www.biostat.wisc.edu/~iverson/r-args-tooltip-at-point.el

I tested this on Emacs 23.0.60.1 on Ubuntu 8.10, and Emacs 22.3 on Windows XP.

If it works well, I would love to see it incorporated into a future version of
ESS.  Is this the appropriate venue and method for submitting code for
consideration?  If not, can you please point me to directions on how that is
done?  I did not see any on the ESS web page.

As stated in my .el file, this was my first try using elisp.

Best,
Erik Iverson