[ESS] ESS works but key bindings don't

Stephen Eglen S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Fri Aug 21 21:16:20 CEST 2009

> > Stephen
>
> Thanks for your help. I figured out part of the problem. My R script
> begins with the line
>
> #!/bin/sh /home/baf/lib/R/hashbang
>
> (hashbang is my modified version of Greg Louis's setR script that makes
> R scripts executable from the command line:
> http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis/setR.html)

Ah; not sure if this will solve your problem, but have you looked at
either of littler or Rscript; littler is from
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/code/littler.html
and Rscript comes with recent versions of R

with Rscript at least I find ESS works okay.

> Any other ideas to force it to start ESS mode normally?
Does M-x normal-mode work to reset what Emacs thinks the buffer is?

Stephen