[ESS] function's arguments indentation

Yuri D'Elia wavexx at users.sf.net
Tue Apr 14 16:08:51 CEST 2009

Hi everybody. I'm using ESS on Debian with R, but I have some problems
while indenting R code:

a <- function(a, b,
              c)

Is there a way to avoid lining-up "c" under the open parenthesis
and simply use ess-indent-level (or a fixed offset)?

When a function has a lot of arguments (like S4 methods) or long
argument names it eats too much horizontal space:

setClass("class", representation(test = "character",
                                 test...

I tried setting ess-arg-function-offset locally but nothing seems to
change.

Also, these two statements are indented differently:

if(a(a,

if(a == a(a,

leading to inconsistent code.
Any help would be appreciated.