[ESS] Automating launch of R session and splitting into 2buffers

Kevin Wright kw.statr at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 23:48:43 CEST 2008

Here's one function for swapping.

;; Swap buffer windows
(defun swap-windows (arg)
  "Transpose the buffers shown in two windows."
  (interactive "p")
  (let ((selector (if (>= arg 0) 'next-window 'previous-window)))
    (while (/= arg 0)
      (let ((this-win (window-buffer))
            (next-win (window-buffer (funcall selector))))
        (set-window-buffer (selected-window) next-win)
        (set-window-buffer (funcall selector) this-win)
        (select-window (funcall selector)))
      (setq arg (if (plusp arg) (1- arg) (1+ arg))))))

;; And map it to a key
(define-key ctl-x-4-map (kbd "t") 'swap-windows)
(global-set-key "\C-xB" 'swap-windows)

Kevin Wright