[ESS] XEmacs, UNIX, ESS

Luis F tiago17 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 01:07:35 CET 2008

Dear Richard, Charles, Neil, Erik Mailing List:

Again, sorry for my wrongly phrased email and all susequent confusion.

Charles suggestion does exactly what I wanted.
I placed the lines:

(fset 'push-line-other-window
       "\C-@\C-e\M-w\C-n\C-a\C-xo\M->\C-y\C-m\C-xo")
(global-set-key "\C-xp" 'push-line-other-window )

in my init.el file.

Now I can:
1) have a top window in shell-script-mode window (whatever file I'm
working on)
2) a bottom window on a shell-mode window open (esc-x shell)
3) send a line from the top window to the bottom window, by just typing:
C-X p

It's fantastic; thank you all for taking the time. Thanks Charles and
thanks to the initial (lost) contributor for the solution

I never get tired of being in awe of this cooperative system

Tiago