[ESS] XEmacs, UNIX, ESS

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Wed Nov 19 15:34:16 CET 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 8:12 AM, Richard M. Heiberger <rmh at temple.edu> wrote:
> Use ESS.  The behavior is identical on Windows and Unix.

I believe Luis is asking a different question, Richard.  He wants to
have separate shell and shell-script windows in which he can send
lines from the shell script window to be executed in the shell window.
 That is, he wants to emulate some of the features provided by ESS for
R, S-PLUS (which apparently now has become S+) and SAS source files in
shell scripts.