[ESS] show completions in minibuffer?

Dan Davison davison at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue May 13 21:46:28 CEST 2008

If I have emacs split so that it is showing my *R* session and another buffer 'e.g. file.R' which I wish to remain visible, and I hit tab for object completion in the *R* buffer, then the possible completions appear in a new buffer which replaces file.R. After choosing my completion the completion buffer remains. The way I know of getting back to the previous configuration is C-x o C-x b RET C-x o, which seems a bit much if you use tab completion a lot. However, this seems like an obvious issue so it must have been thought about before. It seems like it would be nice to have completions shown in the minibuffer (at least if there's not too many...)? Is that possible (as a configurable option)?

Dan

p.s Thanks to Vincent Goulet for pointing out C-x 0 in a previous thread!