[ESS] can I make R help buffers automatically active and maximised?

Stephen Eglen S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Sat Mar 22 09:37:18 CET 2008

Thanks Seb, for pointing out the alist; the doc says:

ess-help-frame-alist is a variable defined in `ess-cust.el'.

Documentation:
*Alist of frame parameters used to create help frames.
This defaults to `special-display-frame-alist' and is used only when
the variable `ess-help-own-frame' is non-nil.

the default for special-display-frame-alist is quite small  (height
14), that is why your frame looks quite small probably.  (I added this
code, and can't recall now why it should be a special-display, rather
than use default-frame-alist, I'll check...)

stephen