[ESS] Emacs Input Method and / or Coding System

gerald.jean at dgag.ca gerald.jean at dgag.ca
Fri Jun 27 16:15:21 CEST 2008

Hello there,

my problem is probably more Emacs related than ESS related, but ...

I use Emacs every day and all day, I mostly run Splus trhrough ESS and
write a lot of doc. (in French) with LaTeX through Auctex.  After I run
Emacs for a little while, for reasons unknown to me, the keyboard suddenly
change its behaviour I can't anymore type accented letters or LaTeX "\", or
Splus comment character "#", or "~" and any special characters.  The
behaviour doesn't seem to be mode specific since it happens in ESS mode as
well as in latex mode.  So far the only cure I found is to shutdown Emacs
and start over again, it happens several times a day which gets pretty
frustrating.

I am running Emacs 22.1 on an XP machine, this behaviour started when I
upgraded from Emacs 21.3 to 22.1 several months ago.  I am using version
3.6 of ESS.  I also run ESS 3.6 through Emacs 21.3.1 on a Linux box, over a
network, I never have this problem on that machine?

The Emacs Mule environment for settings Input Methods and Coding Systems is
a little bit over my head!

Any suggestions would be welcome, TIA.

Gérald Jean
Conseiller senior en statistiques, VP Planification et Développement des Marchés
télephone            : (418) 835-4900 poste (7639)
télecopieur          : (418) 835-6657
courrier électronique: gerald.jean at dgag.ca

"In God we trust, all others must bring data"  W. Edwards Deming

Faites bonne impression et imprimez seulement au besoin !
Think green before you print !

Le message ci-dessus, ainsi que les documents l'accompagnant, sont destinés uniquement aux personnes identifiées et peuvent contenir des informations privilégiées, confidentielles ou ne pouvant être divulguées. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez le détruire.

This communication (and/or the attachments) is intended for named recipients only and may contain privileged or confidential information which is not to be disclosed. If you received this communication by mistake please destroy all copies.