[ESS] slow scrolling with Emacs CVS

Erik Iverson iverson at biostat.wisc.edu
Tue Jun 17 19:46:49 CEST 2008

Michael -

I am using Emacs CVS with Xft font rendering.  Do you mean that when you
have a buffer of R code, say example.R, that scrolling through the code
with C-v (or C-n) is slow?  If so, I do not notice this problem.  I am
on RHEL 5.

My .emacs is fairly minimal, loading the color-theme package is about
the only thing that seems non-trivial in it.

Have you tried different .R files?