[ESS] two windows

Ricardo Pietrobon pietr007 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 22:25:55 CEST 2008

Hi, this is a very basic question but I couldn't find an answer to it:
 I am currently running ESS with two windows, one with the R engine
and the other with my script.  Most often I will run the commands,
line by line, right from the script using CTRL-c CTRL-j and the output
will show up on the other window.  Problem is that if the output is
long, it will be hidden at the bottom of the window, which makes me
have to switch to the other window and move to the bottom of the file.
 This doesn't happen when running commands on the R engine window
itself -- it automatically recognizes that the output is being hidden
and it is automatically relocated to the center of the window

any way to make the commands run from the script file have the same
behavior as when run from the R-engine window?

thanks

Ricardo