[ESS] SAS + SUDAAN + ESS

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Thu Jul 31 23:10:45 CEST 2008

Ken wrote:
> Our IT people tried to modify the sasv9_local.cfg file, but it caused
> the SAS stop running.  I cannot find where is my sasv9.cfg.  Do you
> know where it is?
>
> BTW, my SAS is 9.13, and out OS is Solaris 10.
>
> I also tried to add this setting:
>
> (setq inferior-ess-start-args "-stdio -linesize 80 -noovp
> -nosyntaxcheck -path /usr/local/SUDAAN_90x/SAS-Callable")
>
> but it still doesn't work.
>
> I believe that what I need is to add the "-path
> /usr/local/SUDAAN_90x/SAS-Callable" to the correct parameter and then
> it will work for me.  The question is that I don't know which
> parameter it is.  Any hint?
>
> Thanks,
> Ken
Hi Ken:

Something doesn't sound right.  The sasv9_local.cfg solution should work.
It is a one-line addition.  If that simple change killed SAS, then there
must be something seriously wrong.  And, adding it to
inferior-ess-start-args
as you indicated looks correct to me.  Your sasv9.cfg file can be
in your home directory and/or your current working directory.  But, if
neither of the other solutions worked, then this shouldn't either.  I'm
mystified.

--
Rodney Sparapani      Center for Patient Care & Outcomes Research (PCOR)
Sr. Biostatistician              Department of Medicine