[ESS] SAS + SUDAAN + ESS

Ken tyliu_ad at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 29 20:04:13 CEST 2008

Dear ESS experts,

I am trying to run SUDAAN inside my SAS code.  Without using ESS, I can use the following command to run SUDAAN correctly in the interactive SAS session:

sas -path /usr/local/SUDAAN_90x/SAS-Callable &

However, I cannot make it work in the SAS session inside XEmacs.  Here are my settings:

;; ESS for SAS
;; (setq inferior-SAS-program-name "/usr/local/bin/sas9")
;'sh default
(setq ess-sas-submit-pre-command "nohup")
;'sh default
(setq ess-sas-submit-post-command "-rsasuser -path /usr/local/SUDAAN_90x/SAS-Callable &")
;'sh example
(setq-default ess-sas-submit-command "/usr/local/bin/sas9")

The SAS works as usual, but it could not find the SUDAAN procedures.  I believe the -path options doesn't work as I expected.  Could anyone help me with this please?  Many thanks.

Sincerely,
Ken