[ESS] Process SAS is not running... error on Ubuntu

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Sat Jul 12 18:13:00 CEST 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-11 at 11:39 -0500, Rodney Sparapani wrote:
> Dale Steele wrote:
> > I re-installed from Hardy packages on CRAN.  Same error occurs.  Still
> > can't seem to find 'ess-sas-sh-command' file, ie. not in directory
> > listing below.  Any further hints?  Thanks.  --Dale
> >
> > dsteele at dsteele-laptop:/usr/share/ess/etc$ ls
> > BACKBUG5.BAT  ess-s4.S            icons     pkg-Maintainers  sas-keys.ps
> > backbugs      ess-sp3.S           Makefile  R-ESS-bugs.R     sas-keys.rtf
> > config.guess  function-outline.S  other     sas-keys.doc
> >

> I guess the .deb package is broken :o(
It would be helpful to file a bug against the Debian package in that
case.  I checked dpkg -L and the file doesn't seem to be present; I also
don't see a note about it in the changelog.

Debian packages in the main distribution aren't supposed to depend on
non-free software, so I suppose it's possible the file is missing for
that reason.

Ross