[ESS] How to change the dith of the display in the buffer containing R

Judith Flores juryef at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 9 02:43:41 CEST 2008

Hello,

    I work with Emacs v.21.3.1 under x86_64 suse-linux OS.

    I usually have two buffers within an emacs window: one buffer contains the script and shows rows containing about 120 characters (that's normal for the scripts I have); the other buffer  shows the R console, but this buffer only displays approximately 80 characters per row.  I handle data frames with many columns and I would like to be able to look as many  as possible in one row. How can I do this?

   I tried this, but as I wrote before, the number of characters/row restriction doesn't seem to apply to the buffer containing the scripts:

(setq initial-frame-alist '(width .200))

Any help will be very appreciated.

Thank you,

Judith