[ESS] help fails for functions with more than one option

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Mon Jan 28 10:34:48 CET 2008

    JimMcD> I have also found this to be helpful:

    JimMcD> library(tcltk)
    JimMcD> ?spec

Hmm, I've never have a problem with this:
For me, tcltk was always autoloaded and a popup-window (from
tcltk) with the menu was displayed; I click and the proper help
page is opened inside emacs.

    JimMcD> Best,

    JimMcD> Jim

    JimMcD> Richard M. Heiberger wrote:
    >> Here is a workaround.  The repair will probably take
    >> longer.
    >>
    >> Use ctrl-G to get the cursor back.  Then type
    >>
    >> help("spec", package="seewave")

yes, that's a workaround
But frankly I've never needed that.

Martin