[ESS] help with dump dir and function template

stephen bond stenka1 at go.com
Wed Feb 13 19:43:03 CET 2008

On Win XP:
I am trying to use a relative dump dir and have the following

***************************
Ess Source Directory: Hide '(lambda () (file-name-as-directory
	      (expand-file-name (concat (car ess-search-list) "/src"))))
   State: this option has been set and saved.
***************************
It throws an error : Directory '(lambda () (file-name-as-directory
	      (expand-file-name (concat (car ess-search-list) "/src")))) does
not exist. Create it?
## the directory does exist under my workspace dir.

and when I choose yes it fails to create
invalid argument : H:/china/'(lambda () (file-name-as-directory
	      (expand-file-name (concat (car ess-search-list) "/src"))))
## H:/china is my workspace dir

when I tried the following in scratch it does not get the ess-search,
but maybe that is visible only inside the R buffer ??

(concat (car ess-search-list) "/src")
"/src"

Also, the function template is the default, but I never get that when
I do C-c C-d. It just gives me an empty buffer. If I try fix(nefun) it
says could not start emacsclient.exe

Thank you all.