[ESS] Syntax highlighting with R

Vitalie Spinu vitosmail at rambler.ru
Mon Dec 8 15:56:25 CET 2008

> Thanks again, I will need to re-read about what is highlighted. I was
> expecting something similar to Tinn-R and Textmate, but obviously ESS
> is more subtle.

Difference between Tinn-R and  Ess is that Tinn-R also highlights function
calls.
See this thread http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.ess.general/3048 for
how to customize your highlighting such that function calls and vectors
(everything before ( and [ is highlighted.

I attached a sample of my code (not sure if it goes through), so you can
make an idea that highlighting you can get. It's possible to get even more.