[ESS] bug: exclude version control stuff for stable versions

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 23:17:17 CEST 2008

On 8/7/08, Rodney Sparapani <rsparapa at mcw.edu> wrote:
> Patrick Drechsler wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > trying to update to ess version 5.3.8 and including it in "mysitelisp"
> > worked fine.  Until I updated my version control repository..
> >
> > REQUEST: PLEASE refrain from including .svn directories (or other VC
> > stuff such as .git, .hg, etc) in official RELEASES. The VC stuff is fine
> > in development.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Patrick
> >

> Not sure what you are getting at.  There appears to be only one git
> turd (.gitignore) in the latest release.  Is that what upset your VCR?

The .gitignore probably shouldn't be there -- it's supposed to only be
on my "other" branch (I only use git to work on the ESS subversion
tree :-).

best,
-tony

blindglobe at gmail.com
Muttenz, Switzerland.
"Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we
can easily roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).

Drink Coffee:  Do stupid things faster with more energy!