[ESS] ESS[SASweave]?

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Wed Sep 12 19:33:58 CEST 2007

I'm still having some trouble with SVN here on our server.  However, I
think that will be fixed rather soon.  I have had a request from a user
to incorporate SASweave into ESS.  It is an intriguing idea.  I've
played around with it a bit and it seems doable.  mmm-mode v. 0.4.8
appears to work well on both XEmacs and GNU Emacs and that is the
approach that I plan to take.  What I am wondering is: is this of
interest to others as well?  The current version of SASweave supports
both SAS and S family code-chunks via latex environments.  It relies on
awk rather than noweb-mode (which is a plus for me since I never liked
noweb-mode).  Not sure what other details might be relevant to consider.

Rodney