[ESS] Ess and gtk enabled Emacs

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Tue May 29 20:35:37 CEST 2007

In the Fedora Core 7 development process, they are putting in a new
Emacs that uses the gtk widgets & file chooser.  Right now, I'm
running Emacs-22.0.95, and I'm told there is a newer version coming
"very soon" (perhaps already in use in some systems).

This presents a little problem when choosing directories in ESS. When
R starts, it asks to choose a starting directory, and it will not
accept RETURN or a click on the "OPEN" button to confirm the current
directory.  Instead, it seems to insist I navigate in the GUI back to
my HOME and then choose a directory in there, and then click OPEN.

I wonder if you have seen this too, and if it bugs you like it bugs me.

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science