[ESS] sweave/noweb from ESS ... "cleaning" function names..

Kiermeier, Andreas (PIRSA - SARDI) Kiermeier.Andreas at saugov.sa.gov.au
Mon May 21 01:23:15 CEST 2007

Hi Rodney,

Further to Ross's email, Miktex does come in multiple "flavour". You've
got the choice of a full or minimal installation. The full installation
will give you beamer, pgf, etc. (as long as they are part of the Tex
distribution). The minimal version will get you up and running quickly -
any additional packages can be installed on the fly when you process a
file using them.

I personally prefer to create PDF's as I haven't always been happy with
the conversions from dvi to ps to pdf (but maybe it's just me). Also,
using only one step rather than several conversion steps seems to be
more "efficient" (I do want pdf files as the end product).

Can you elaborate on why you feel that dvi is easier to work with?

With respect to DVI I've in the past (and the odd occasion of reading
dvi based documentation) I've never had a problem with Miktex's viewer.
It sometimes takes a while to generate the required fonts, but that's
only at first load - page displays after that as quick as one might
expect (e.g. Acrobat, MS Word etc).

Hope this help.

Cheers,

Andreas
_____________________________
Dr Andreas Kiermeier
Senior Statistician
Food Innovation & Safety
South Australian Research & Development Institute
33 Flemington Street, Glenside, SA, 5065

Ph:	+61 8 8207 7884
Fax:	+61 8 8207 7854
Mob:	0423 028 565

Email: Kiermeier.Andreas at saugov.sa.gov.au
Web:   http://www.sardi.sa.gov.au/
_____________________________
If you would like to correspond with me in a secure way, using public
key encryption, please contact me directly for details of my GPG public
key or visit the SARDI website, where you can download my public key
from my personal staff page.

The information in this e-mail and attachments (if any) may be
confidential and/or legally privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken is
prohibited. SARDI, The South Australian Research and Development
Institute, is the research division of Primary Industries and Resources
(SA)